1. It’s the first thing people want to see -1st impressions count and they’re often impossible to erase. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. That’s why your professional website is undoubtedly one of the most important things to grow your business.
2. Your small business will gain creditability - Today, more and more clients use the internet to search for the products or services they need. Your small business will gain credibility by having a website. By having a well structured website you can foster instant credibility with anyone without one, potential customers will go to your competitors that do. If you already have a website but it is "home-made", having it professionally redesigned will provide your business with a professional image which will inspire even greater confidence.
3. Low cost Marketing – Website marketing is marketing used to promote a website and hopefully get more traffic to a website. More traffic translates to better on-line advertising placed on the website. The internet has opened up a whole new world of marketing that didn’t exist before. Your website can attract new business by using a whole host of low cost marketing techniques. Business understand the value that the Internet offers to them, providing interactive opportunities to connect with current customers and attract new consumers. Market experts have shifted their efforts online because it tends to be significantly less costly.
4. A website saves your time and money - Providing relevant information to your clients takes time, whether it’s on the phone, personal meetings, in a brochure, or in emails. With an online website you can provide lots of information about your products and services. Once your website is up and running, it is available to your customers indefinitely, saving you time. And what is time? Time is money! The cost of designing a website varies, once it's up and running, a website for a small business generally costs very low. Compared with the cost of a newspaper ad, when you consider the potential market you can reach with a website, it is a very cost effective way to promote your business.
5. Not everyone is on social media - Some people just aren’t on Facebook, or Twitter, or YouTube, or Instagram, or Pinterest, or LinkedIn. Some people aren’t even online! But we can’t do anything about that. That’s why your business needs a professional website. Social Media can’t replace your website. Social media is the new shiny red apple. It’s not going anywhere, but neither a website.
6. All your information in one place - YouTube does videos really well. Twitter does 140 character statements incredibly well. Facebook is an expert at fan engagement. But a website allows you to bring those 3 elements together and even more! A website is available to both your regular and potential customers 24/7/365 providing them with the convenience of reviewing your products and services when your store or office is closed. With today’s busy lifestyles, this is a great selling point when making a purchase decision. It’s very helpful medium to get all you information in one place.
7. Website makes it possible to target a wider market – Whether your business provides products or services, your website will provide an alternative location to sell them. As a retailer, a website (eCommerce) is a great place to sell your products to a wider market; even services can be made available globally. Don't think you'll be able to sell your products or services online? Don't forget, even cars and houses sell online!
8. More customers - More than 2.4 billion people use the internet every day, and some 80% of those have purchased something, or contacted a company, online in the last 12 months. So by not having a website, you will be missing out on a big piece of the pie. Most clients today will assume your business has a website and may search for your business only to find you do not exist on the world wide web. Most of your competitors probably already have a website. Don't let them snatch your clients away by not having your own company website.